How to Build a Shower Pan
(Plus Shower Floors and Walls)
Like to actually watch somebody build a ceramic tile shower who really knows what he's doing?
I just watched a DVD, actually two of them, that you might be interessted in. Randy Davis is a professional tile setter in Mississippi. He's put together a series of videos showing everything about how to build a shower pan and then tile the walls and floor of the shower. Now this is no slick video from professional movie makers with professional actors. This is Randy talking you through every step of building two different ceramic tile showers.
These are actual jobs in people's houses with every step of the job caught on camera. There is no professional photgraphy either, just rough footage showing you exactly what it takes to build a tile shower. You're getting a real tile guy's perspective from how to get the mud texture right to Randy's single mud layer technique.
Here's what you see on the video:
- How to build a shower curb from scratch, using wood or brick,
- How to attach the membrane liner to the drain,
- How to mix the mud, the recipe and mixing method,
- How to fold the shower pan liner in the corners and get a perfect seal,
- How to build the slope in the floor,
- Then how to install backer board for the walls,
- And how to tile the floor,
- Plus how to lay the wall tile and grout the tile,
- Even how to install soap dishes,
- Plus more.
Every step of building a ceramic tile shower is shown and described in detail.